Monday, April 16, 2012

More.

mobile

mobile

mobile

mobile

The last of Elka's little friends turned one and so I had an excuse to make something new, a mobile, a bit like one of Elka's, but slightly fancier in that I wrapped the metal hoop and I used fabric to hang it with as opposed to kitchen string. I also sewed the string from inside the raindrops- E's was just an afterthought of a thing, and when I attached the string to the sewn raindrops, they kept falling off! I remember making her first little lamb mobile, not really sure why I was bothering other than it was cute, but people kept telling me how essential they were, so I went with it. We now have 4, and even though the change table is packed away, I think they'll be around for a long, long time, we say 'Good Night' to all of them before bed, and we twirl them around when things get too intense around here.

B.

No comments: