Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Creative Space

Well, today is going to be a non-event for productivity... the house is a mess, even for me, and I need to spend some time really cleaning, tidying and ordering things... my brain always works better when the space is ordered, but the way I create is to pull things out of their 'away space', and mix colours and look at fabrics, and look at books, and compare old designs... and generally make a huge mess.

This is what you'll find around the place at the moment...

sketches
1. Lots of sketches... they seem to be multiplying around here...

screen printing...
2. Some fabric I printed using a photo emulsion screen. It's no where near perfect, but it's a vast improvement on the last time I used the emulsion, so I will stick at it!

ruby doll in the works
3. A Ruby Doll I'm making for the Craft Hope project: dolls for girls living in an orphanage in South America.

fabric
4. Some fabric I have no idea what to do with, but could not resist whilst Etsy shopping a little while ago...

new baby bug
5. And of course, there are new bugs arriving all the time! This one is a little baby bug, inspired by the 'premmy' cabbage patch I had as a kid, made using cotton and Japanese linen.

More creative spaces as always at Kootoyoo!
Well, I'm off to clean and cook a big quiche for my Grandmother's birthday! Wish me luck!
B, x.

13 comments:

mjb said...

I'd love to see that top design screenprinted on a doll!

kellie said...

love the business! and the sketch! and the bug faces!

ArtMind said...

Love your sketch! I wish I could draw properly! And so many lovely fabrics makes me wish I could sew.Where's the wish fairy? :)

Gina said...

Yep I'm always packing all my stuff away, then getting inspired and upending all my fabric etc to have a visual play. And then I leave it out to mull it over and chaos takes over again. Hopeless!!

Kirsty said...

Sweet! I love the little hand holders.

megsie said...

gorgeous! this is the first time i've come across your bugs and i love them!

woollywotnots said...

Very interesting space. I love your sketches and what they turn into.

Mel Cordell said...

Awwwww.look.at.that.wee.baby.bug!!!LOVE,LOVE,LOVE!!!

M* (Melanie) said...

Your stuff is great Rebecca. I love visiting here

Lucy Bowler said...

Very cute. It's always an interesting visit. Lovely little bug, just beautiful!

Michelle said...

I love that sketch - so sweet! You always have so much lovely stuff in your space.

littlelovelies said...

love your creative space this week.... full of goodies and more goodies ---- your sketch is great and i'm off to check out your shops now!p.s. I am hosting a giveaway for a beautiful handmade ceramic item donated by 'love grows by giving' - you can enter here.x nadine little lovelies

Jodie said...

I'm a 1st time visitor to your blog and it's just lovely. Gorgeous fabric in image 4. I don't think I would of let that one pass either! Good luck with your new stores.