Chocolate and Ginger Biscuits: The trick is to share them!
- 250g unsalted butter
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence or paste
- 2.5 cups SR flour or plain flour w. baking powder
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 100g crystalised ginger, chopped into pieces
- Preheat oven to 190oC.
- In large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Gradually add flour to the butter mix until well combined. Add ginger and chocolate, and evenly mix through.
- Make teaspoon sized balls of the batter and lay out on a lined baking tray. Cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on how soft you like your biscuits.
Yum, yum, but I need to make some more... none left, and that was a rather large batch!