Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Oh dear-- new obsession...

Mooshoopork & wonderments!



1. rainbow girls, 2. citrus girls, 3. Little Red Riding Hood, 4. Inspirational Set

It probably won't come as a suprise to most of you that I have a reasonably obsessive nature. I think it comes from my Dad... once we get a taste for something we like, we need some more. I showed some blank wooden dolls a while back that I was going to paint and give as a gift, and I finally, finally got around to painting them yetserday... and it was amazing! I can't show mine just incase the recipents decide to click over here (I have no idea who reads this sometimes...), so I'm contenting you all with some of these amazing dolls I found on Etsy and Flickr-- I bought my blankies at the Wunderkind Shop btw.

And so, now all I can think about is painting these little wooden dolls, about Christmas time and how they would make perfect gifts for certain people, and I have 2 birthdays coming up as well. I need to slow down and take a few deep breathes, but the sketches are flowing... I spent about 6hrs yesterday painting when I should have been sewing and now I'm busting to varnish them instead of making more lambies for the stall on weekend... so anyhow... I think I'll sew and then reward myself with varnishing them...

I love when I love the process as opposed to the simply the finished object! :)

Happy Tuesday-- hope you all get some work done!

B.

9 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Isn't it funny how we seem to always find something else to craft when we should be making things for markets etc....

kim said...

I love these wooden dollies, wish I could paint lol

sarah said...

I love those dolls, too. I've been wanting to buy some and paint them - there are some AMAZING ones on Etsy, but too expensive for me. I hope you post pictures of them when you can!

Christy said...

That's the loveliest distraction! I look forward to painting some wooden dolls too someday!

Isa said...

I've fallen in love with the wodden dools myself. And was thinking of buying some for me :-)
I'm not however sure I ready to try it out myself.
I hope you'll show us yours when you can.

melissa bombardiere said...

i've been think about buying some for a while now, they remind me of childhood.

Mitsy/ArtMind said...

Can't wait to see your dolls! The ones you picked out are plain gorgeous!
Enjoy your trip & the sun! :)

Kellie said...

Ha Ha . Thats so funny, I did am doing the same thing. I just did our family last night. Still have some touch ups. We should start a I'll show you mine and get people to join in. he he

Alex said...

I've been so crazy with my personal life, your blog I just happened to click on when I saw you as a recent favoriteer at my Etsy shop! Thank-you so much for your sweet words...your work is amazing as well, I know your style on little wood people will be adorable!!