Monday, December 14, 2009

All gone!


sheep


It's a sad day here in Blinking Flightsville. It's been coming for a while, and it was always on the cards-- no more vintage chenille left. The 3+ metres I got at the op shop a few months ago finally ran out, and I haven't been able to source anything like it... lord knows, I've tried-- this has definitely been my most populat toy, good for boys and girls, bubs and kids, but alas... the vintage chenille version is no more! All the new stuff looks wrong, feels wrong, is clunky and chunky and just doesn't compare...



P1010837

I managed to scrounge around enough to make this custom lamb, but she is definitely the last of her kind.

My philosophy in life/craft/art type things is that if you can't find what you're looking for, you're probably better off rethinking the whole thing as opposed to using a second choice/imitation, so my replacement for the chenille will be an organic hemp fleece which looks and feels beautiful in a different way to the chenille, but at $20 a metre as opposed to about $8 per 3m, there will have to be a slight price increase.

Hope your Monday is good too, and that you're not having pre-Christmas stress attacks... I've avoided them so far, but I fear one might be on the cards...

B.


1 comment:

Skebba said...

Hey Bec, I know someone who predominantly uses vintage chenille. She said that while she does find some at op shops and markets, she finds most of it from ebay. You may wanna check it out to make more of these über cuties.