Thursday, February 11, 2010

I went on a little trip...

So, I went to our nation's capital yesterday. I saw some pretty pictures that had travelled all the way from Paris... I saw lots of pretty pictures and beautiful sculptures by Australians too. Sometimes I feel the cultural cringe, but knowing that people like Bertram Mackennal and Rupert Bunny 'got it', makes it subside a little.


I saw some political stuff...



hot_enough


I'm always weirded out by the 'European-ness' of stuff in Canberra...



P1011908



P1011886

I got to have room service...



Toy Society Drop: Odette

And I dropped some toys for the Toy Society, one by the lake in Canberra, and one in Goulburn on the way home...



Toy Society Drop: Catarina

And when I came home, I found that my cat's vet had put him on anti-anxiety tablets... I didn't know there was such a thing, but he does seem very relaxed!

B.

3 comments:

midge said...

you are lucky. i would love to get to see the exhibition. the blinkies are gorgeous. lucky person that gets to find them. good luck with the cat, i hear that medication for calming works very well

Caroline said...

Sorry, the cat relaxation medication gave me a bit of a giggle. Hope he's ok though.
How good is that exhibition? I went to see it in January and enjoyed it so much.

Virginia said...

I love that you're leaving toys all over the place for the Toy Society. That's such a cool idea!
Looks like you had a good time. Love room service.