Sunday, June 14, 2009

New bugs and the printing continues...

new bug

new bug

new bug

new bug

printing

more printing
Just a glimpse of what I've been absorbed in the last little while. I have about 30 new bugs finished, and the house was covered with screen printed fabric panels drying on newspaper on Friday night when I had the place to myself... I got inspired and churned out several pieces of fabric. I feel like I'm starting to understand the process a little better. Thanks for the advice people gave me last week. I've been using permaset, but I think I was using too much, and I think I'll try and thin it out a bit. Lena Corwin refers to printing inks as opposed to paints, in her book and on her blog, but I think I'll have to wait until I go to Sydney next before acquiring it... but things are getting better... I think!
B.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I found your blog via Threaded Basil.

I love your little bugs, they are too sweet. I know how it feels to have a production line of softies going. I have 24 Maisie Dolls on the go at the moment.

Isn't it lovely to give some of our wares away with Toy Society drops too?

x Catherine