Friday, March 5, 2010

New at my house:

anne-sophie

I've been screen-printing again... and I'm realising how much I have learnt about it over the past year. About which designs are good, how to draw them for printing, the ink, the fabric, the tightness of the screen, how to use photo emulsion... with Joe's help, I've come a VERY long way! Not that I'm pretending that I'm a pro, but I'm certainly not the complete amateur that I was. I've been playing with the dolls from my banner... and I've named this one Anne-Sophie.


I also had a package arrive from Spoonflower today. I ordered three swatches:


P1012179


P1012172



P1012182

Very exciting! I have so many plans!

B.


9 comments:

Katie said...

I always wanted to try screen printing, but I just don't have the money for it. Love the doll print. Very cute.

Susan L said...

the blue of the flowers and the flowers are so sweet ... i love that blue, but i love the red you've used too. deep red dragged back a tag.

Rachel said...

Cute cute cute! I love the colours you have chosen for the print. Were you happy with the quality of the spoonflower fabric?

Gret said...

I love that first print - so cute Bec!

Jacquie said...

Awesome - you must be thrilled!

beck said...

I love your work, the faces and designs are just beautiful. I have never tried screen printing as it looks so tricky so it's interesting to hear how much you have learned over the year. Your creative space looks like a great place to be x

gretchen/juneatnoon said...

Love that print. I so enjoy your drawings. I'd like to try printing some day, but for that I'll have to manage to create some extra hours in the day (or wait until the kids are in school!).

Amy Hanson said...

These are GORGEOUS!!! I love the matroyska--she's stunning...Yay, you!

Beth said...

oh my, all so cute!