Wednesday, January 12, 2011

how to find new flickr faves and...

flickr faves 11/1

1. world metro map PILLOW, 2. his rose garden is immaculate, 3. 1976 Ondori Simple Cross Stitch 4, 4. for miss ethel..., 5. needlefelted peach rainy cloud, 6. Art Wall, 7. ♡heart, 8. It's true., 9. Gnome And Mushroom Bee Modern Two

Sometimes when I'm bored on the internet, I like to go to flickr, and click on my 'favourites' in the 'you' menu. I pick a picture I love, and then I go to that person's flickrstream and click on their 'favourites'. And I pick a favourite photo of theirs and look at that person's flickrstream, and check out their 'faves', and keep searching and looking and I always end up with a whole bunch of awesome new faves in my stash.

This is exactly what I did yesterday afternoon, and even though I've had a tummy bug, a terrifying antenatal class and an emergency visit to the midwife (everything is a-ok, and was more panic related than anything physiological!), I ended my afternoon on the lounge with a bunch of felt, and a needle and thread sewing some stuff which had been in my head for a very long time, and which had gotten there via one such flickr expedition a few weeks ago...

hand stitching...

These are my lazy, soft, freehand, but satisfying tributes to my following flickr faves:

Awesome mobile not just for babies

Mobile by The Future Project, picture by Maayanpearl.

And to this awesome picture by Maggie & Sparrow which isn't sharable but it is cool- and it's the word that I like so much, but I've come up with my own...

B.

2 comments:

urban craft said...

any attempt at crafting is never lazy. I love your rendition!

2011 said...

I LOVE IT !

GREAT NAME FLIGHTS :)


טיסות טיסות טיסות YHXU,