Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Delicious is the best!

lemontarts5

Hello there! I just wanted to share something awesome with you all this morning...

Firstly I am sick, which is not awesome, it in fact sucks, but being sick has meant that I spent ALL of yesterday afternoon on the net with no real agenda, and I decided to fix up some things I've been pretty lazy about in the past... such as sorting out my Delicious bookmarks... something I thought was kind of tedious and confusing when a friend suggested it's greatness several years ago, but if you actually spend about 2 minutes there, you'll discover how truly fantastic it is. I promise.

Firstly, I added all my bookmarks and got to clean up that whole part of my computer, and as you add new URLs, you can add tags, so that you can find things again, rather than looking through a big long list of bookmarks in a menu, which have no real meaning because you've forgotten why you bookmarked them in the first place.

The other really, truly awesome thing about it is that you can use it as a filtered search engine of sorts, like I can type in 'softies' and search through all the other pages that other users have bookmarked and tagged 'softies', and you don't have to contend with ALL THAT STUFF that google would throw up at you if you typed in a word like that.

And lastly, it means you can take your bookmarks to any computer!

So, I'm totally, completely converted.
Check out my Delicious Page if you like, and send me yours if you have one. I don't know anyone in the real world who has discovered the greatness of this thing. Also, I get to stick around the house for 2-3 days and do nothing, so, if there is some other great thing you can suggest for me to whittle away the hours with, I'd love to hear about it!

Ok, happy Delicious Exploration!
B.

2 comments:

babalisme said...

You remind me that I just have to clean up my bookmarks too. I love bookmarking and yes, I do forget why I bookmarked in the first place.

ArtMind said...

My bookmarks are a complete mess! Perhaps I should look forward to being sick so I can spent like two entire days cleaning it all up... ;)
I'll have to look into Delicious too - it sounds awesome!
Get well soon, sweet!