Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hemp fleece lambs are go!

william


I stayed up very late the-night-before-the-last-market-before-Christmas making 4 new organic cotton & hemp fleece lambs, the fleece had only arrived the day before. I sometimes forget how long these things take, I think it must be like giving birth, they say you forget all the pain and complication when the baby is born, and I can be pretty optimistic about how long a toy takes to make. It took eleven hours to make the four lambs, and I was busy doing the closing stitches the next morning at the market. I LOVE THIS FLEECE! It's sooooo soft and lamby! I got it here, it worked out to be $30/m by the time I paid the shipping, so it's a little pricey, but very nice.



lamb tale



Welcome back to the post festive season life! I'm completely out of any routine, my wake up time has shifted from about 6/6:30am to about 9am, and I found myself awake and pumping at 1am last night (this morning), it made getting up for the markets on Saturday extra painful, and it meant I needed a little nap when I got at 3-- came home early thanks to Mr. Rain!

B. 

2 comments:

midge said...

love the lambs and feel your pain. many are the times that i have burnt the midnight oil before a market. funny how often the very things i toil over are the ones that accompany me home-doh. i bet those little guys found there way into the homes and hearts of proud new owners

gretchen/juneatnoon said...

The fleece looks like the perfect replacement for the old fabric. It looks so soft and snuggly. I think you have a winner!
Since I stay at home with my small ones, my routine doesn't get changed much by the holidays, but we still manage to get thrown off. Good luck getting back into it! :)